I waited to post this week’s CSA contents until I had a plan for all of them (or in this case, have already eaten all of them). It looks like it’s officially squash/zucchini season in North Carolina, which is short but abundant. Jacq harvested her first zucchinis last weekend and we ended up with 2# of summer squash. Probably plenty of squash recipes to come. The rest of this week’s content’s included:
- 2 onions. We sautéed these with the first two zucchini from Jacq’s plants.
- 2# yellow summer squash. We made a fantastic curried squash soup courtesy of Emeril. The only modification was adding coconut milk instead of heavy cream. It was good both warm for dinner and cold for lunch the next day.
- 1 lettuce. Had salads for dinner on our new “meatless Monday” tradition with the curried squash soup.
- 1 bunch carrots. Used these for a spicy carrot slaw with lime, cilantro and jalepeno. The dried jalapeno really added an extra punch.
- 0.5# peas. Grilled the pods until lightly charred on the outside. Tossed with a little bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Ate as finger-food like edamame.
- 1 cabbage. Sweet and sour cabbage as a side for meatballs.
- 1 head broccoli.